February 17, 2013

Liebster Award

Reactions: 



Liebster award
“Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh”!!

Yes! I received it. I had seen Liebster awards being given to bloggers in the blogosphere and lo, one came walking around to me. Yippee!!! Thank you, thanks a ton A Rat's Nibble for the nomination. I am loving and living every moment of it. Being a loner on a Valentine’s week is a pain for sure. Thanks for being my medication!






What is a Liebster award?
Liebster, a German word, in literal translation means “dearest”. It is awarded to new and upcoming bloggers by other fellow bloggers from the blogosphere. A blogger’s favorite/dearest blogs are his/her Liebster nominations. Believe me it’s a wonderful feeling to know that someone somewhere avidly reads your blog and has it as his/her favorite.
The idea is to encourage, support and share the blogging spirit. It’s also a method to discover new blogs. 



Rules? Where is the award? How does it look like?
The nomination and a following blog post is the award in itself. Rules are plain simple.
a.       Post 11 things about yourself, as in your introduction
b.      Answer the 11 questions set for you by the nominator
c.       Make a questionnaire for your nominees
d.      Declare nominees
e.       Comment on each nominees latest blog post
  
How I Feel after receiving this award?   








11 Things about me:
1.      Hi there, thanks for stopping by at my personal blog, my “Meow Connect”.
2.      I am a 23 year old aspiring female brought up in the city of dreams, Mumbai
3.      Music and Blogging are my passions and what I pursue in my spare time. I wish to learn to play a guitar soon. Otherwise I am looking up for Anime. And oh yes, Animes are NOT CARTOONS!
4.      I am exactly 5 feet tall and I love to view the world from various angles. I love my pure brown eyes and am proud of it.
5.      I am true blue lover and a complete Sagittarian. Being a cusp the only Scorpion quality I have is “possessiveness”. A rather controlled one.
6.      I am very expressive. Gestures and small things mean a lot to me. Thus, I love personalized stuff, thoughtful gestures and handwritten letters. Nothing beats a handwritten letter.
7.      A momma’s girl, daddy’s “babu” and sister’s “a-z”; Grandparents >> Parents >> Friends>> Work that’s the hierarchy I follow.
8.      I am a looking out for someone who could be my partner in crime. Someone apart from my besties (Schumacher, Ajju, Pari, Kurru, Abu, Sneha Maa, Ansari sahab).
9.      I incorporate minimalism and attention to detail. I love selecting gifts according to a person’s nature. I like unearthing qualities of a person through their sun sign. I am quite amazed by the similarities I have with fellow Sagittarian’s and I have a huge chunk of VIRGO friends. I connect almost instantly to Sagi’s & Virgo’s
10.  I believe my country can progress if efforts are channelized the right way.
11.  I wish to open Meow Incorporation one day which will include my not-for-profit ideas and my Snuffles Jay’s art creations. I am already the imaginary CEO.



Nominator’s questions:
1. What is the best word to describe you?
Ans. “Helpful” Most of the people I meet, have given me this compliment. I am rather amazed at this thought though. Umm apart from this I am thoughtful.
2. Tell me your wildest fantasy.
Ans. Ahhh!! I remember it so vividly, I am on a forest safari and a momma chimpanzee just lifts me up from the whole group and swings thru the forest and takes me home and I am like so freaking scared. I visualized the chimpanzee taking me thru every nook and corner of the jungle. From the furious river, to the steep valley. Oh my god. It’s been the craziest fantasy ever.
3. What scares you the most?
Ans. Ghosts and reptiles.
4. What is your greatest achievement so far and why do you think it is so?
Ans. My greatest achievement so far has been my blog. Not only it bought out the best in me, but it also helps me connect. Connecting for me is something like a platform to express views. Meow is one of my aliases. Thus the name, “Meow Connect”.
5. What you think could be the best way to eliminate poverty?
Ans. Make a not-for-profit hospitality chain, train and employ the poor. Multiply on the success of chain and gather more people to employ. I have this idea not just for the poor but also for the handicapped and the eunuch section of the society. They are ones who are NOT GIVEN EMPLOYMENT. I believe that every human must be given an opportunity. It’s an equal world and people should not be divided on the basis of caste, creed and sex.
6. You are stranded in a life boat with Richard Parker. Do you think that Bengal Tiger would not eat you?
Ans. obviously yes, WE are family. SHER-NA Hahaha
7. What is the best trick you think you have done to impress your crush but turned the other way?
Ans. Um Hahaha, I will have to think. Yea, here’s one. I ended up buying shoes to look sporty, lean and all as I am short and quite stout. But I had a hell of a time with those shoes.
8. Which movie’s climax you didn’t like and wanted to change and how?
Ans. Frankly speaking, every recent bollywood movie. First on the list is to kill the scriptwriter.
9. What is your favorite example of architecture style?
Ans. The entire Urban Bombay. Wow, the old Victorian buildings. I would just keep walking forever, admiring every tile!
10. Do you feel superior to your opposite gender? If yes, in what way? If no, why not?
Ans. No, Gender equality will take some time to reach India. Preconceived notions about women still prevail even after the advent of the 21st century
11. What's your true and honest opinion about A Rat’s Nibble?
Ans. It’s one of the sweetest and most genuine like blog I have ever come across. Had I known earlier that platforms like Indiblogger and Blogadda exist I have would have come across such a wonderful blog earlier. I regret the fact that I missed out on a lot. But yes, I will definitely catch up.


Questionnaire:

1.      If you could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object, where would you go? Why?
2.      If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, which would you choose? Why?
3.      Any current events capturing your attention as of late?
4.      Sailboat or cruise ship?
5.      Your life is going to become a script for a movie. Who would you want to play you?
6.      Not counting family…what do you feel your greatest accomplishment is so far in life?
7.      Pushpins? Or dry erase markers?
8.      Which anime character would you be? Why?
9.      Something that you learned recently.
10.  How many pairs of shoes do you have? Don’t lie. It’s good to feel the shame. Let it burn.
11.  What are the best and worst about blogging?

I am eagerly waiting to read the answers LOL


My nominations are:


Please note: Some of you don't have a GFC box, so if you have over 200 followers, my bad, you can do it anyway!










Pramoda -  Being Pramoda



Rakesh Elvis - Frank and three Quarters




Shrikant Pednekar - Life is Zany




Karan Alyawadi - The Soiled Path



Kappu - Breeze. Blizzard. and me.






Blesson John - It just got weirder




Bikram Agarwal - Vicky @ work






Shaheena - Write Drunk, Edit Sober






Stagg Mann - Stagg Land

Because this is drop dead sexy. Hahaha.
Great work.




Rachit - Sentimentos




The Sorcerer - Rants and the Awesomeness













Apart from my nominees, other MUST SEE blogs according to me are:
1. Sri Valli - Poetry, My Feelings 
2. The Fool - Lucifer House Inc.
3. R. Sridhar - Personal Energy Management 











 

Last but not the least,

Thank you again my dear friend Meera aka Rat’s nibbles for the nomination. Lots of Love. Adios Everyone.

14 comments:

  1. Hey Meow..

    Nice to know many things about you.. your replies are quite interesting.. enjoyed your post thoroughly.. My wishes.. Congrats once again.. Keep up your good work. :-)

    Love,
    Rat..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for the Dearest Award (Liebster). Nice points. Just a small correction to be made: I am a 23 year old aspiring female bought (brought) up in the city of dreams, Mumbai.

    Keep rocking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir (p)
      and yes I have made the change :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Meow!

    Sher-na? *groan* PJ of the day :D

    Loved the Liebster post! Congratulations and keep up the good work.

    Cheers!
    Mixi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, and thanks for the nomination :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sherna.. thanks a lot for nominating me.. this is actually sweet :) and Sher-na, you have indeed posted some tricky questions for me :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhww!!...Thank you so much dear for the love <3
    and congratulations for the award!
    and good to know about you :)

    and thanks for your sweet email, It made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally replied :)

    http://karanaylawadi.blogspot.in/2013/02/life-of-liebster-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big Congratulations girl!!

    www.styledestino.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know if it's right or wrong, but you have another Leibster award from me.
    http://likemymusings.blogspot.in/2013/03/leibster-award-ahoy.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved those 11 points about you. But what I liked most is Sorcerer's name at the end. :)
    Meow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you.
      LOL i know. For weeks he just pinged me just one thing ">_> Snuffles"

      Delete

Comments will be visible after approval. Do not leave any links in your comments