April 14, 2013

How I met the sun courtesy Neutrogena and IndiMeet

Reactions: 


07th April 2013
JW Marriott, Juhu, Andheri West

TRIVIA:
Indimeet: - Bloggers meet organized by the social community Indiblogger
Neutrogena: - Neutrogena, a pioneer in the skincare brand.

What I feel like when I think of that awesome afternoon I spent there at JW Marriott?

First Indimeet, A superb product, amazing venue, delicious food = Nostalgia

I managed to note down the candid moments, here’s the poem and the explanations are further down. Read on! Do leave your comments!

Packed in with a dose of fun,
Is especially how I met the Sun.
A silent observer at the Indimeet,
Yet quite often did I tweet.
3 wonder women made my heartbeats race,
As they appreciated my work, right on my face.
A chaotic environment inspite of rush,
That was my first moment of blush.
Shifting tables and searching the one,
Looked here and there but found none.
Few known faces and known blog mates,
Were indeed written in my fate.
Made a spontaneous group called SunSunny,
Though a short span, but it was too funny.
We won the name-anthem contest with a tie,
Got awarded wristband PD's a yellow bright.
Became a knight in yellow armour err umbrella,
Saved the smiley balls from the opposite fellas.
Here the smiley balls were the rays of sun,
And we with umbrellas were Saviours from Sun.
This cute exercise had a strong message,
That sunscreens cannot shield most UV rays.
A demonstration gave us proof of light,
All of us echoed "Oh Yes!! Alright!"
As it rained tweets on the screen,
The menu had us sandwiched in between.
Tara Sharma was the star of the day,
Her experience was quite informative I must say.
Last not the least was the icing on cake,
You guessed it right, the HARLEM SHAKE.
The memento from the event was yet to come,
It was all but the Neutrogena hamper that we took home.

07th April, was a pretty sunny day indeed. I was all geared up for my first Indimeet. Most of my blogosphere friends couldn’t come. I was quite a silent person though throughout.

Packed in with a dose of fun, is especially how I met the sun.
A silent observer at the Indimeet, Yet quite often did I tweet.

Neutrogena had arranged for a “tweet” contest where in bloggers were to tweet about anything to do under the sun. There were a string of tweets pouring in and I did join in with my share. The venue was beautifully arranged and the theme was “yellow”. Kudos to Neutrogena Team, they had pepped up the venue pretty well. The arrangements were catchy and impressive.
Trying out neutrogena face mask

3 wonder women made my heartbeats race, As they appreciated my work, right on my face.
A chaotic environment inspite of rush, That was my first moment of blush.

After reaching the venue and completing the registration, I joined 2 women, Kajal Kapur and Sonal Pandya. It turned out to be their 1st Indimeet as well. As we got to know each other we were joined by Renu Sethi. We decided to check out each other’s blogs and thus started sharing our blog URL’s. When it was my turn, I blurted out the name and the 3 wonderful women replied in unison “Hey, we have read your blog”. That was completely unexpected for me. I hadn’t blushed so much in a long time. I was almost pink. The event started soon and I was asked the first question in the event:
Q: “What are your expectations from this meet?
A: “Have fun and lots of fun!
Gosh, I dunno what was I thinking! Hehe. I seriously said that.
with Kajal & Sonal

Shifting tables and searching the one, looked here and there but found none.
Few known faces and known blog mates, were indeed written in my fate.

The event was planned well to get the audience interact with each other. This involved shifting away from the groups we had already settled in. This gave me an opportunity to meet Nandini Deka, another wonderful blogger. I also noticed few known faces Janaki Nagaraj, Animesh Mishra and Sriram R but couldn’t get introduced to them. At the time of registrations we were made to write our names on a tiny umbrella. Later on the umbrellas were passed on. Each one had to search the person whose name the umbrella bore.
 Harsh Kundnani, where were you? I even checked out your blog, hoping to see your photo. Sigh!
 
Umbrella & wristband PD
Made a spontaneous group called SunSunny, though a short span, but it was too funny.
We won the name-anthem contest with a tie, Got awarded wristband PD's a yellow bright.

We were made to sit in groups namely 1 to 6 according to the tables and we were to name our team with the word “Sun” and also make an anthem. As Team #1, we brainstormed and within minutes we managed to create SanSani - aka SunSunny. The anthem we made was hilarious. You are my honey bunny Sun Sunny Sun Sunny. I so wish I could get the full anthem from some Indiblogger. Oh and we won too. We tied with the team #2 Sun of Sardar and received uber cool yellow wristband Pen Drives with 2 GB space. They look very peppy.

Became a knight in yellow armour err umbrella, Saved the smiley balls from the opposite fellas.
Here the smiley balls were the rays of sun, and we with umbrellas were Saviours from Sun.
This cute exercise had a strong message, That sunscreens cannot shield most UV rays.
A demonstration gave us proof of light,  All of us echoed "Oh Yes!! Alright!!"

 
Team #1 in action
As you could guess from the lines, a game was arranged where in two teams had to battle it out. One team was armed with stress smiley balls and the others had to shield themselves with cute yellow umbrellas. The catch – umbrellas had large holes as big as a football. So the balls could actually make their way through. We did manage a great defense and we managed to crumble the enemy with our attack. What Neutrogena wants to teach us is that, often the products we use to save our skin from Sunburn and UV rays have loopholes. Most of them do not protect the skin from certain UV rays (TRIVIA: there are 2 types of UV rays, UVA & UVB).
A much needed explanation was then given to us by Dr. Parikh. He explained to us various facts about the UV rays, showed us a small demonstration of how Neutrogena fared when compared to other existing products in market under the UV light and also answered various Skin related queries. (TRIVIA: apply sunscreen every 40 minutes when you are out for swimming) Neutrogena was the clear winner when it came to the results.
 
Results
As it rained tweets on the screen, The menu had us sandwiched in between.
Tara Sharma was the star of the day, Her experience was quite informative I must say.


Tweets came in from various sources and every one had a fun idea to do under the sun. Dance; make sand castles, skip, jump, play volleyball, scuba dive, horse-ride and what not. One pf them was, Kya aapke umbrella me hole hai? Toh aapke sunscreen me jhol hai!!
Gifts kept coming in for the audience every 20 minutes. Headphones, yellow head rests, volleyballs, PD’s et al. I was surprised to see bloggers aged 13-16 present in the event. The Star attraction from Neutrogena was Tara Sharma. An avid blogger and host of The Tara Sharma Show, she was perfect. Her experience and info cum trivia about how she turned her blog into a TV Show was pretty cool. She shared her details and even answered many questions about parenting and managing her show cum blog. She looked gorgeous in the peppy yellow dress.


Last not the least was the icing on cake, You guessed it right, the HARLEM SHAKE.

This was purely FUN, under the SUN. Hahaha, Indibloggers joined to create a viral video. I was anxiously dragged by the host Anoop on to the stage. I didn’t regret it either. It was 60 seconds of fun.
 
Harlem Shake
The memento from the event was yet to come; It was all but the Neutrogena hamper that we took home.

A Neutrogena hamper, just like the one Tara Sharma has in her hands was given to each one of us. It contained Neutrogena Ultrasheer:
Dry-touch Sunblock – (50+ SPF) Daily sunscreen
Body Mist – (30 SPF) Sunblock in a mist form, pretty easy to use
UV moisture – (50+ SPF) moisturizer
Transcend Pen drive – 4GB consisting of informative videos and Product details




We also got an Indiblogger T-shirt with Neutrogena branding.









Overall it was a pretty rejuvenating experience filled with trivia, discussions and fun.
Thank you Tabrej Khan for the pics!
Thank you, Neutrogena and Indiblogger for the wonderful evening.

4 comments:

  1. looks like Indibloggers had loads of fun there ... :) loved the clicks and the kya apke umbrella mei hole hai ..?? hahahaha that was a cherry on plum cake !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you all had loads of fun there. lovely pictures.. nice post.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be visible after approval. Do not leave any links in your comments