September 4, 2013

7 books in my Book Shelf

Reactions: 


Exactly 7 books in my shelf making way for WriteTribe’s Festival of Words – Day 4 and the theme for the event is ‘SEVEN’

 Amidst my acrylic colors and my birthday diary, lay 7 books smiling at me with a glee. I am a semi-avid reader and I prefer reading books in hand rather than pdf’s/ebooks. And the fragrance of a new book WOW…

Here’s a list of the 7 only and totally adorable books I have in my cute bookshelf, starting from the right.
 
Books
1.     The Tower of Silence
Genre: Fiction
An engaging detective fiction which keeps you hooked quite well until the last few chapters. It requires quite a lot of concentration as the characters keep juggling and it’s important to understand who’s who. Thus this novel comes in the medium category. The story and plot are woven quite interestingly around a normal theme and that makes this book different. Overall a very good read.
I rate this book 3.5/5

2.     Being Moon on 31st Crossroad
Genre: True Experiences/Mini Autobiography
A 31 year olds whirlwind of life events, how situations molded him, his take on various present situations as per his experience and his tryst with destiny. All cut short and to the point in his 160 page book. I like the positivity of the book and how it shows that a person can evolve once they are ready to take the right perspective on life’s experiences. Short, but fun read.
I rate this book 4/5

3.     The Immortals of Meluha
Genre: Mythological Fiction
This is one book which swept me off my feet into a totally different world. Man, I love this book. The first part from Shiva Trilogy, authored by Amish Tripathi. A perfect combination of how mythology blends with fiction. I love the way, the story is crafted, the visual scenes, the description of various customs and traditions and the way the book kept me hooked. Amazing.
I rate this book 4.5/5

4.     The Secret of Nagas
Genre: Mythological Fiction
The second part from the “Shiva Trilogy”. The story is good and keeps the rapport but looses the connect with the reader with too many characters in the scene and long descriptions but a fast pace in scenes. But the mythology part scores well here and saves the book from a low fate.
I rate this book 3/5

5.     The Oath of the Vayuputras
Genre: Mythological Fiction
The last book from the Shiva Trilogy. The story drags here and again the scenes are quite fast paced and long description of things out of context make it seems disproportionate. It seems as if the author just wanted to finish the book here. Frankly speaking, it would have been awesome if the author could have kept the series going for more.
I rate this book 2/5

6.     Lateral Thinking
Genre: Self Help
This is one book I have never been able to complete, but as much as I have covered, it has bought a good change in my thinking styles and making me efficient. I like the way Edward De Bono takes you through the various process. This book is worth the investment. Hope I manage to finish it soon.
I rate this book 3.5/5

7.     The Zahir
Genre: Fiction
From the world’s much loved author Paulo Coelho, the story of an author whose wife disappears without a trace leading him  to a quest across continents, bringing him closer to nature, destiny and heart.
I am yet to read it :-P


And that’s all folks :)
Cheers,
Onomatopoeically,
Meow


Write Tribe

7 comments:

  1. From your collection, I have Immortals of Meluha. I started reading it but couldnt go beyond a few pages. So it is lying unfinished and untouched since then. Will pick it up sometimes soon again, considering that there are 2 more books after it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the second seven in one review post. May this trend continue so that i can look up seven books all at once :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading now I know which next books to read..great list..and completely agree to the ratings on secret of nagas and oath of vayuputras..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see Edward's book. I too have plans to read the book sometime soon.
    --
    Nice blog: ease to access content and read.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be visible after approval. Do not leave any links in your comments