November 30, 2013

The Caretaker - Book Review

Reactions: 

Book: The Caretaker
Author: A. X. Ahmad
Publisher: Harper Collins
Genre: Fiction/Suspense Fiction
Level (Easy/Medium/Hard): Medium
Price (as printed): 399 INR


 Summary:
An enduring tale of a fallen hero trying to rise from the ashes, fighting his destiny at every step, balancing his family, his desires and work when his own life is on stake. A simple plot twisted into an intriguing storyline. I completely recommend this book for fiction lovers.
 I rate this book 4.5/5

Review:

When I started reading the book, I had never imagined that it would keep me hooked for 3 days flat! I just couldn’t keep this one down. Post the initial scene settings, the story caught a pace and then this same pace was maintained throughout the book. (That’s a very good plus point).

The suspense stays till the end and is built up very well in various chapters. I am amazed at how well the author has researched for the protagonist’s SIKH character, making him a complete Indian, connected with his roots.

I am really tempted to write about the story and more but I hate spoilers :P

A very marvelous piece for a debut novel. Looking forward for a sequel (hopefully!) :)

Till then,
Onomatopoeically,
Meow
The Caretaker A X Ahmad


1 comment:

Comments will be visible after approval. Do not leave any links in your comments