September 22, 2014

GameOfBlogs – The Escape – Chapter 9

Reactions: 


GameOfBlogs – The Escape – Chapter 9

Team – FrontRunners

Week#2


A few days before Roohi’s accident.

A shattered wine glass was spread on the ethnic wooden floor as tears streamed down her blushed cheek. She pondered in between the various flashbacks of life as she hugged her dear daughter tight. Was there nothing she could do?

Sitting back on the velvet porch, with her teary-eyed lil one tucked in she recollected a few moments she wished she never had. It was a bright sunny day at that resort on Kochi, Green Villas was the name. Roohi was so happy that day that she was running all around the lobby looking for places to click pictures at. Dressed in a summer dress, her tresses flew with the wind. After all it was her candid photoshoot in God’s own country.

Lifting her glares to view the clock Tara posed a question to Shekhar “What, is she late? Benny/Jenny is she even a professional?”

Shekhar sighed at her ignorance. Maybe as she hadn’t seen Jennifer’s paintings or maybe because she just can’t stand people low in class, “She’ll be here any minute Tara, give her a an opportunity at least, I assure you she’s awesome”

“Yeah yeah, can see your awesomeness in the reject letters piled up on your desk” she smirked.

“Hey Tara, I am Jennifer Joseph, you and your daughter are a treat to the eyes” a dusky woman in her late twenties stretched her hand out to Tara. “The pleasure is all mine” Tara replied beaming with the compliment.  Shekhar and Jennifer exchanged a Hi but Shekhar looked different. He looked relieved and lightly happy. Tara didn’t understand why but he seemed different since Jennifer arrived.

The photoshoot was planned in the vast green landscape in the villa. Shekhar was assisting Jennifer by co-coordinating with Roohi as Tara sat back under the petite Garden umbrella. She couldn’t risk her skin to sun tan, no way! “It seems she gels well with children or wait, I guess my daughter is a lovely princess that gels up with everyone. She’s even got a name for her ‘Jenny-Benny’ “Tara thought as she glanced over Roohi running and posing with the pink daisy’s Jennifer bought.
 
Roohi
Hours flew by but Roohi never got tired of posing. She had changed over 3 dresses and Jennifer wasn’t tired either. As they laughed and frolicked on the green cover, any third person would have guessed them to be a mom-child pair. “Roohi’s so happy with Jennifer. She’s never like this with Tara. Tara always keeps the reins. Why?” wondered Shekhar.

“And that’s a wrap” Jennifer called out.”Shekhar, I will be coming to Mumbai for a 6 month assignment this weekend. I will be passing on the pics to you then”
“Sounds great” replied a beaming Shekhar
“Yay, Mom I got my photoshoot done, Yay. I’ll show them all to Riddhi..and Mayank and my class teacher too…”

“Mom, have you signed it?”
“Sign? Signed what?”
“The meeting letter my teacher sent across? Mom are you still crying?” Roohi asked with a concerned tone. Tara took a few moments to realize that Roohi was talking to her all the while when she was having the flashback. Those 6 months post the photoshoot were the most stressful in Tara’s life.
“Honey, mom wants to tell you something. Do you remember Jennifer?”
“How can I forget Jenny Benny mom, she was my best friend. Till today I do not know why you beat her black and blue!”
 Tara held Roohi close and played with her hair. “It was not like I didn’t like Jennifer. In a short span she got close to you, clicked your pictures like no one could and she displayed her potential at a young age. But…but she got close to your dad. So close that your dad didn’t care for you, for me or anything in the world. Your dad cheated on me with her. Your dad was the culprit but I tore my anger on her. I couldn’t see any other way. So I just whacked her out of our messed lives. And your father simply apologized promised me that her name would never crop up again, ever! I am sorry honey, I hid this all along. I am sorry” Tara broke into tears as Roohi consoled her beloved mom.

“It’s alright mom. It was a big decision for you. And it’s for me too.” Tara looked puzzled on Roohi’s reply, she continued “It’s over between me and Dad. I hate him and I never wanna see his face again!”


“Me and my team are participating in ‘Game Of Blogs’ at BlogAdda.com. #CelebrateBlogging with us.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible after approval. Do not leave any links in your comments