June 20, 2015

Madurai - Sree Sabarees – Review - an unforgettable foodie experience

Reactions: 



When hunger struck us in the blessed city of Green Madurai, the rickshaw driver-cum local guide directed us to a place I would call paradise for local foodies.

Located close to Madurai Meenakshi temple, Sree Sabarees offers food catering to the south Indian cuisine with quite a lot of quirkiness.
 
Image Source - Trip Advisor

Better spices, varied tastes, fusion combinations – all in all it was a unique dining experience. For the 3 day stay that I had; I made sure I had every plate of meal from here.

Here’s a snapshot of the 7 taste uttappam that I munched on:
Sree Sabarees - 7 taste uttapam
Basically 7 flavours of uttapam served hot with spicy sambar and yummy coconut chutney. The seven flavours included – Onion, Wheat, Ragi, Besan, Carrot, Methi & Masala uttapam

And then there was badam milk, at 12 in the night. I am a pure cat and I love gulping down a hot cuppa of milk when I am out.  Pure creamy milk with malai of course, blended with kesar & badam with tiny tidbits of other nuts as well. I have been to Gujarat & Rajasthan and so many other places but never had such amazing badam milk.

And last but not the least – try the local drink Jigarthanda – a combination similar to falooda – here’s a snapshot of my orange flavoured Jigarthanda
 
Sree Sabarees - Jigarthanda
Pictures say it all don’t they?
I strongly recommend you to hop in at Sree Sabarees and enjoy local food.

Onomatopoeically,
Meow

1 comment:

  1. the uttappam plate looks yum!!!! :-)
    Cheers, Archana - www.drishti.co

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be visible after approval. Do not leave any links in your comments